Hello, I’m Mary-Anne, mumma to two delicious children, Max born in the birth centre at UCHL, 2016 and Molly, born at home, 2018.
I am passionate about birth and everyone having access to a positive and empowering experiences. I want mothers (and fathers) to reflect on this important and life changing event in their life and feel ecstatic with their amazing achievement.
I am an experienced KG hypnobirthing teacher and I have supported many different types of birth, all so life enhancing but all different. I am able to offer a dedicated and unique level of support to you and will personally strive for the most wonderful experience.
I enjoy co running the positive birth movement in Kingston, Teddington and Surbiton on the first Monday of the month. This is welcoming space to have safe and empowering discussions about pregnancy, birth and beyond.
Some of the ways I support
- Exploring your birth vision
- Helping implement your birth preferences
- Tools on how to enable relaxation
- I will encourage a calm and a positive environment
- I’ll stay with you when you need me, have confidence in you, and in turn, give you confidence in yourself and I will make you feel safe and supported in this important life event
- I will offer you continuity of care and I can also show dad how to offer the same, so we become a valuable team to you.
Generally, I aim to empower YOU so you know how able YOU are.
I am part of the doula hub which means I work with a select number of other amazing doulas alongside me, so in the event of unforeseeable emergency, you will always have access to another doula, who offers a similar approach to myself.
Some of the ways I support
- Helping you rest, recover and relax
- Assisting you with your new baby (cuddles, carrying, nappies, fresh air…)
- Food (prepared and cooked for you which can be so healing).
- Running errands to help smooth running of your household
- Assisting with any concerns or worries (be it through their feeding, etc)
- Light housework (e.g changing sheets, tidying, hoovering…)
- Helping with elder children with park trips/ play groups
The list is pretty endless, essentially, I want you to have the smoothest transition into motherhood and I will strive to support you in the best way possible.
“MAC was my birth and post birth doula and was more than brilliant. She unexpectedly took delivery of our son at home when there wasn’t time to get to hospital and did so calmly and safely. Her support during the labour, which progressed at rapid speed, enabled me to feel in control and calm and when we decided it was too late to get to hospital her quick thinking and confidence meant I relaxed and had the kind of birth I had really wished for. She went above and beyond what was expected.”